Paediatric Advanced Life Support
The American heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support course is based on science evidence fromthe 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. The goal of the PALS course is to aid the pediatric healthcare provider in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infant and children, resulting in improved outcomes. Skills taught include recognition and treatmentof infant and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest; the systematic approach to pediatric assessment; effective respiratory management; defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion;intra osseous access and fluid bolus administration; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
Course Content & Modules:
- Help providers recognize cardiopulmonary distress symptoms of pediatric victims, and thus begin stabilization prior to arrest.
- Pediatric assessment.
- Respiratory compromise and arrest recognition & management.
- Circulatory compromise and arrest recognition & management.
- Shock recognition and management.
- Resuscitation team concept.
Features & Benefits:
- This course addresses a gap in the number of healthcare providers who see pediatric patients, and do not require the advanced skills of pals.
- The Main focus of PALS is prevention, and specifically, the assessment, recognition and stabiliztion of pediatric victims at risk of severe cardiopulmonary distress.
- Through unique learning tools, such as video-based simulation, providers can see and hear critically-ill children with whom they do not typically come in contact, equipping them to recognize the symptoms of pediatric victims, and thus begin stabilization prior to arrest.
- The course is vedio-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate in, practice and complete various skills and learning stations.
Written Exam & Skill Stations:
The candidate is evaluated through a written exam and practical skill test.
Certification: PALS provider Course Completion Card alid for 2 years.
Course Duration: 16 hours.
For any healthcare prvider who might encounter Pediatric patients in their profession.