Heart Saver First Aid Course
Heart Saver First Aid Course ia a video-based, Instructor led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives.Students learn duties and responsbilities of first aid rescuers;first aid action for medical emergencies, including severe choking ,heart attack, and storke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bitets and stings.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirement.
- Video-based course ensures consistncy Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency.
- Student workbook comes with Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first actions for many injuires and illnesses.
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Updates for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular care.
- First aid basics
- Medicl emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Optional exam
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:-
- List the prioritirs, roles, and responsbilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening.
- Heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers